• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Sleepy hollow. 190L Journal

wijixx

Seedling
Lets go with my new setup.

DATA:
- 190L 70x50x55
- Light: 1x150W HQI (6500K) + 2 24W T5 (3500K) (200w) 10h
- Substrate: 100 JBL manado (not the best, in the future i'll use help o aquasoil)
- Water: 50% RO + 50% tap. Tap contains N. 50% change every week, final result with co2 is 6,5 PH and aprox. KH 5
- Nutrients: Salts.
N ---> UREA 5 ppm/week (aprox. equals to 10ppm NO3, tap water contains N)
P---> KH2PO4 3 ppm/week (a lot, I know but at the end of week test show <0,5 ppm)
K---> K2SO4 25 ppm/week
Micros ---> 0,5 gr Kelamix complex (7% iron) equal to 0,2 ppm iron. Sometimes I add extra Iron with chelated iron 12% (0,2 ppm extra some weeks).
Boron---> 0,03 ppm / week

- CO2: presurized, inyection directly to the filter

HardScape :

13066551135_78a341c730_b.jpg

Just Planted (2 weeks ago):

13067766895_be1bc0e201_b.jpg

I had some problems with tannins in the wood; dark water, low light and maybe toxins, plants went bad for a week and fuzz appeared. I had to use activated carbon to remove tannins.

Fully recovered at this moment, I pruned rotalas and hemianthus 3 days ago . I'll take more photos this evening or tomorrow. I hope enjoy

Last edited:
wow bud..
looks really good. I think this is going to a amazing tank?

That is very nice,the angel must like swimming through the uprights. Good job, I can see this is going to be one on my favouritestores list.:)( like the name too;))

Grrrr...... I hate this phone it thinks it knows everything!! favourite list not favouritestores list :mad: signals that bad sometimes I can't get to edit before edit time runs out.

oh, dont worry, i understood you perfectly! :D

Does look fantastic but like Alastair pointed out that seems like a ridiculous amount of growth for the time scale. How did you achieve this?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Well, it started 9th march. 2 month ago. But I have prouned rotalas, aromatica, and hemianthus 3 times (each 2 weks). Eleocharis 1 time, one week ago.

10 hour of hight light, maximized co2 is the point, i think. I need to do a good proud, but need time to decide where to cut.

150W halide plus 48W T5s should explain the turbo growth! Nice that you can control algae well with that much light. I've read that urea is also really great for plant growth but its a fine line to balance. How much CO2 are you injecting?

Micros ---> 0,5 gr Kelamix complex (7% iron) equal to 0,2 ppm iron. Sometimes I add extra Iron with chelated iron 12% (0,2 ppm extra some weeks).
Can you tell me how you calculated this? I have a trace mix which is 4% iron and am wondering if im dosing correctly. Thanks.

Well i made calcs in a excel sheet. Its easy. You need 0,1 ppm of fe, that means 0,1mg fe in each litre of aquarium water.
In my case, I need 19 mg fe in my whole aquarium to reach 0,1 ppm. 0,19 gr (0,1mg x 190L).
Kelamix is 7%, so in 2,5 gr ----> 2,5 * 0,07 --> 0,165 gr of fe very near to my 0,19 to reach 0,1 ppm
Then each 2,5gr kelamix, 0,1 ppm in my aquarium (rounded)

apply this calcs to your liters and ur trace mix

Back