• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Sleepy Hollow

Great looking tank, should really look good once its filled in.

As its been said wedge shape tanks hard to scape but amazing depth of field to play with.

Keep up the journal will be watching

Andyh

I love corner tanks when the'yre well done; and this one looks to be going in the right direction! How is that diffuser going?

Looking good Ian. That Needle Fern is looking nice. Truly a plant that looks spectacular once it takes off.

Andy

Great looking tank, should really look good once its filled in.

Thanks Andy, some of the inspiration came from your lounge tank mate!

How is that diffuser going?

cheers Sentral, the diffuser isn't going. It won't operate at 2 bar the whole system freezes to a stand still. Just beware if you buy one people, they do say they will operate at 2 bar...they really don't.

Looking good Ian. That Needle Fern is looking nice. Truly a plant that looks spectacular once it takes off.

Thanks Andy, the fern is doing great mate. I'm glad i kept hold of a bit. Considering it was hidden in Trigon Island about 9 months ago, and they again hidden in the lounge tank scape. I have been able to use it in this one.

I didn't want to give up on this mist diffuser, so one last ditch attempt...i bleached it for 24 hours and hey presto it started to work!

sorry about the quality.

a weekly update...

The Christmas moss is now starting to show new growth...
ada1.jpg

The hairgrass is taking it's time, but it's getting there, i have added a couple of more pots
ada2.jpg

and a FTS, the back needs a trim again, hopefully it will bush out more.
ada3.jpg

and one for the ADA lovers (lol).
ada4.jpg

sorted...it's only a bottle of Special Lights! lol

You have used it haven't you Mark? Any good?

i'm sure someone will come along soon and tell me, i have brought some blue water. haha

well...bit of a bad day!

The APS had given up the ghost last night, i didn't notice til late this morning. I tried everything to revive the filter, but to no avail. I'm not sure what happened to it!

I had to nip out and get a brand new filter!

I have bought a Hydor prime 30, and all i can say is OMG what a filter! The flow on the thing is absolutely amazing, the media capacity is only 5L but it holds more than the APS. I don't know why i didn't buy one in the first place, an amazing filter. Very impressed.

the flow from the out
hydor1.jpg

and the filter
hydor2.jpg

theres a mix of sponge, bio balls, ceramic noodles, carbon and Purigen. Still can praise this filter enough!

I went out to East Bridgeford MA a couple of days ago and they have a brilliant plant selection at the moment. Anyways heres a few shots of the leaves in my tank lol!

Ludwigia paustris 'red'. This was from Bridgeford, and is a lovly specimenn!
shrimp2.jpg

Cryptocoryne costata
shrimp5.jpg

Cryptocoryne wendtii 'Tropica'
shrimp3.jpg

Cryptocoryne wendtii 'Green'
shrimp4.jpg

Cryptocoryne wendtii 'Brown'
shrimp6.jpg

Microsorum pteropus Narrow (needle leaf)
shrimp7.jpg

and a 'through' shot
shrimp8.jpg

How much did you pay? I've got it in my head they're pretty cheap?

what for the filter? The filter was £50 with my discount...so only £60 anyways. I'm still well impressed. It's a quality build. Apparently Hydor do the flow rates like Ehiem and do the flow rate with media.

Back