• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Small and Tidy

Christor

So I am attempting one of my first proper scapes, it wont be high tech, simply low tech, but what bugs me is the filter, yes I am aware of externals but with uni and work I cant always be home to manage it, and it is only a little rio 125

Can anyone recommend anything small that will suffice for such a tank? Is there any mini version of external filters and what do peope think of them?

will be doing research myself but always good to hear opinions, why I ask here :)

what is wrong with a large external? Small or large you will have the same issues in the end. A large filter will increase the between- cleaning times

Ehiem 2075. Will suffice if you wish to go down the co2 route at a later date. Going for a smaller filter will only cost you more in upgrades in the future.

Go large from the off and you should have a system that is more stable especially with extended periods between maintenance.

Back