• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Sneeky Peak

Gill

A Little peak of what I have been doing this afternoon, after spending 2 hours looking for bogwood.
I decided to make my own by glueing little peices together.
I am Very Happy with the result and Will be using it in my ADA entry.

Peices Used
IAPLC2010ADAcontest020.jpg

Result
IAPLC2010ADAcontest021.jpg

Planted with FIssidens Fontanus
IAPLC2010ADAcontest046.jpg

IAPLC2010ADAcontest041.jpg

IAPLC2010ADAcontest036.jpg

sanj said:
Whats happening with 'Mish Mash' and the 'Shred'?

Still got Mish Mash going, but not really going to scape it as its just for the endlers, took shred down.

That looks really nice, dead natural.

Thanks

I initially though the wood glued together was massive. blimey, it's not.

looks great!

Yep it is no more than 6cm high. Was very fiddly, as took a while to get the right composition.

More Nana Petite arrived this afternoon, so have glued that onto the left over wood and added that. (as always Last trading post for the Nana petite). Had been hoping that PAH would get some in, but none for ages. Might get some hydrocoytle though as a background plant, or 4leaf clover
Have decided to use old faithful, and get some more Moss balls. I have always liked how they look after I have cut and flattened them (Mosymo has the best Quality)

Added Diy Co2 this afternoon, as this morning attempt was a failure(got the mixture wrong).
I do not have a diffuser or a spare airstone so have used a thin sliver of Filter sponge, and it works great.

Outlet is just above the impeller in the azoo filter so gets niceley distributed when going back into the tank.

Watching the Anubias and HC Pearling Is Cool, Wonder if Moss Balls Will Pearl once added.

SteveUK said:
That's a cool bit of wood work Gill :)

Thanks, Mosses just arrived so going to replant and reposition everything.
I hope not to spend tooooooo Much tommorrow. You will have to reign me In. But if we see CRS then :lol: :lol:

Gill said:
I hope not to spend tooooooo Much tommorrow. You will have to reign me In. But if we see CRS then :lol: :lol:

Hah. We're as bad as each other :) Although, I think you're the bad influence on me :lol: I can't buy fish tomorrow, other than ottos. I've got nowhere to put them! I'm just looking for ottos and specific plants! Oh, and shrimp ;)

SteveUK said:
Gill said:

Hah. We're as bad as each other :) Although, I think you're the bad influence on me :lol: I can't buy fish tomorrow, other than ottos. I've got nowhere to put them! I'm just looking for ottos and specific plants! Oh, and shrimp ;)

Oh Ok, You want me to ask Magic if he has any Snowballs left.

Guys, IS 9Watts going to be overkill on 1.1Gallons.
I am using a Waterhome3 light fixture, I got V Cheap of Fleabay.

Plus How Many Bps Should I be Aiming for with the Diy C02

Depends on the setup matey. If you see some of Amano's nano tanks in his books, some state 1 bubble per 5 seconds! I would start cautious if you have livestock in the tank too. If no livestock, whack it in! :lol:

SteveUK said:
Depends on the setup matey. If you see some of Amano's nano tanks in his books, some state 1 bubble per 5 seconds! I would start cautious if you have livestock in the tank too. If no livestock, whack it in! :lol:

Okey Dokey, Will Use a Tap and try and control to 1 per 5 to start with.

Back