• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Solenoid packed up.

Pengelli

Seedling
Help please. My solenoid has quit working.
I have 42psi on the low pressure side of my regulator, the power indicator is on inside the solenoid but no gas is getting trough to the bubble counter. CO2 art who recently supplied my equipment is closed today.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi. Im not sure this will work but have you got power to the solenoid? When mine went weird i took the solenoid apart. Theres a spring in there that can be slightly stretched. On a pin. This got mine working again. If you have no power though nothing more to suggest other than checking the fuse.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks Iain. I played with this all afternoon and eventually established that the coil is burned out. I took the coil off the solenoid I have on my reef tank calcium reactor and fitted it on the broken solenoid. That did the trick. So despite the power light being illuminated on the coil it is not working properly. Hopefully I will get the faulty part replaced tomorrow.

Just out of curiosity, is it a cheapo solenoid? My cheapo leaks every now and then so I'm starting to understand why people say not to stinge on the needle valve and also the solenoid. A cheap solenoid gets bloody hot and can cause premature failure in the connected needle valve.

Glad you have found the problem. Id have thought that something would blow causing the light to go out if the coil had burnt out. Ill look out for that in the future.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back