• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Solenoid question

fish fodder

Hi everybody,

A friend of mine is using just a regulator on his co2 without a solenoid, something which he wants to add but he is concerned that with a separate solenoid (one that isn't attached directly to the reg but connected with tubing) the pressure will be too much for the tubing to withstand while it's switched off... Is he right in being wary or does he have nothing to worry about?

Many thanks

I used a Sera pH controler to switch my CO2 on and off for a few years, it let the presure stay in/on the tube too. Never had a problem, only at start up a larger amount of CO2 escapes one time. I did use the screwed om connectors though.

If he is using a proper regulator the pressure will never build up as much at the second stage as it is in the bottle. As long as you use the proper connectors, usually supplied with the solenoid, they can handle the pressure. I think it normally doesn't go over 2 bar

Back