• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Something completely different

PARAGUAY

Really am on the fence about maybe not a good idea, rumour that Fawlty Towers is to be brought back with new actors and scripts, the originals were full of impossible actors to replace and John Cleese and Connie Booth in hindsight after 12 l think episodes did the right thing,it never got tired and is legendary comedy genius it remains

^^ yep most of these comedy classic shows were of an era, and simply wouldn't be tolerated in today's society.
Honestly can't see the remake of the series incorporating any goose - stepping, or having a sign outside with descriptive words for female genitalia on it. 🫣

Not going to be the same I don't think, a lot of the humor wouldn't fly today. Same with many from that era like only fools etc.
Yeh think your sadly right, the BBC today would have dropped Monty Python after one episode today and Fawlty Towers would cease to be or never was

Can we be positive and hope that it's actually funny? I don't mind if it's playing by current norms or a turning point in comedy but hopefully it isn't as bad as the "comedy" show I watched on BBC about a man with googly eyes.

Many of the actors in Fawlty were just good character actors, no celebrity names. Can they really replicate that?

Back