• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Soooo many questions

Vivienne

Seedling
Hi all,

The more I try to find out about this hobby, the more I realise I know nothing. I have a small planted tank (40 litre I think) that I set up a few years ago with very little knowledge and it works well, but more by luck than judgement. I have just got a new 85Ltr for my birthday and want to do a better job with this one. The only problem is... I now want to make a Paludarium in the old one. Yes, I know the fish are still in it but I'm planning ahead.

I'm sure I'll be back with questions very soon....

Vivienne

Hi Vivianne ,George is right on there we all learn something and we all have learnt more than we sometimes think we have

Hi all,
Thanks for the welcome and all the encouragement. I'll let you know how I get on, but I have to cycle my new tank before I can move the fish out of the old one. That's ok though, it gives me more time to plan. Simple sounds good Roy, I had a quick look as some of those links, they look fantastic, I'll have a better look at them when I get more time.. Andy, I love your tank and I have some of those bathroom tidies.

Can I ask if anyone uses polystyrene in their tanks? I've seen instructions on how to make caves etc. with it but others say it leaches toxins into the water over time. Or is there a specific type you have to use?

Thanks everyone for your help.

Regards,
Vivienne

Back