• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

sourcing big stones

How big is big? If you have a landscape supply place near you it would be worth a look.

How big is big? If you have a landscape supply place near you it would be worth a look.
For a 900x500x450mm (LxWxH) iwagumi style which will be sat in a corner so thinking triangular type scape.
I think it is that 1 big stone I am unable to find with any ease.
I've had a look at the local places and the ones that do have the bigger stones which would work don't have the smaller ones to go with them.

I get what you mean. Most places who sell large rocks only sell the large ones and lfs only do smaller. Aquarium gardens might be worth a call as I'm sure I saw some nice rocks in one of their videos.

How about just smashing up a couple of big ones to get the smaller if you can only get big in a certain piece.
The problem with that is the big stones I have found are not a type with natural faults so if you smash them up you would be left with sharp edges and they would not be all that textured which is what I'd like.

Back