• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

South American 180 litres

dreynolds

Seedling
My South American themed tank has been running for five weeks now. Here is a pic from four weeks ago after planting

IMG_3086.JPG

Then I added co2. The substrate is aquasoil Amazonian. The aquarium is a Rio 180.

The only problem I've had thus far is leaking co2. My sodastream canister ran out after 10 days the first time and then 13 days the second. I've since replaced the bubble counter I received with my co2art kit with a fluval one.

I've introduced my first fish the last week or so. Four corydoras trilineatus last week and another two yesterday. Here is a current pic with a couple of cories barely visible bottom left:
IMG_3258.JPG

I'm intending to add 12 rummynoses eventually, maybe another shoal of tetras or pencilfish and then perhaps a couple of dwarf cichlids. Not certain on the latter two atm.

Nice growth in five weeks, this will look fantastic with a South American community.

5 or 6 big Bleeding Heart Tetra's would go well with the Rummynoses, the big males look amazing chasing each other through tall plants :D

Thanks both. A smaller shoal of slightly larger fish like bleeding hearts might be a good idea to go with rummynoses.

Back