• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Spary bar??

robert2191

Hi
I don't know if I should use a spay bar or not
Do you guys recommend them for planted tanks or not ?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loads of people use spray bars with good results.Just down to personal choice and aesthetics ;).

Thanks tried using spray bar but didn't think i was getting as much flow

Put the spray bar in the tank, put some food, dirt or some particles and see how they move in the tank. After that try without the spray bar and see if is better or worst.

A spray bar will get you better flow, but if you have big rocks at the front of your scape it could also give you less flow behind those rocks and in those cases it could be a better idea to use a different approach to get a good flow everywhere in a tank.

Thanks i will try it

Put the spray bar in the tank, put some food, dirt or some particles and see how they move in the tank. After that try without the spray bar and see if is better or worst.
I do this with CaCO3 dissolved in some water before doing a large water change in order not to effect the water quality to much, just poor a little bit in your tank (at the filter outlet) and watch how the white cloud goes around.

Back