• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Starting my first Iwagumi

Johny

Seedling
Hello people, so I'm about to set up my first try on a simple monte carlo Iwagumi scape.

The tank is 50cm long by 40cm deep by 30cm high - 60liter, rimless (sadly not extra clear/ other fancy glass)

Filter is fluval 106 - 550l/h. And I will try to go with Hinterfeld glass surface skimmer glass lily set, and see if it dosn't work out, I'll switch to normal lily inlet.

For substrate I got fluval statum

Now for lighting I got the Chihiros A-series 50cm, and I'm pretty sure it's powerful enough, but I hope It will give me sufficient spread as its a narrow light unit. I can buy the wider A series plus or even the rgb units, but since I already got the A-series I'll start with that.

co2 with neo diffuser by aquario

For fertz I thought about making my own out of dry salts. But since the tank is small I'll just buy the Aquascaper plant food and save myself the hassle..

Hardscape I got Dragonstone (I wanted seiryu stone but couldn't get my hands on them :().
I also have some spidar wood and might at some point turn the scape intro more jungle style with buce and crypts but for the start I want a clean scape.

The tank will sit on my gaming desk, and i'll drill holes in it for the filter hoeses

I wonder if I should start DSM, but I remember Geroge Famer sayed he dosn't like using it because the energy the plant spends on the transition from growing outside water to inside isn't worth it. But i'm not sure what i'll do yet.

The goal is somethis like this If I could get anything CLOSE to this i'll be happy

I just wanted to see if any of the pro's here find any flaws in the plan.
I'll be happy to hear any suggestions and idea's. Thanks! :happy:

Back