• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Starting point 1st Aquascape

Hi All, Update, Have given the HC a trim and had a tidy round :D Thinking of changing the back central planting as am not happy with the banana plant and the crpyt parva Thinking of something a little taller than the parva :)So will be out and about to see what i can find to fill that space :rolleyes:

Cracking tank mate, really lush and healthy.
How have you set up the main lighting.
Also do you manage to keep the yeast co2 stable ? I struggled with mine and had algae outbreaks so I went with liquid carbon. I may try the two and give your recipe a go.

Cracking tank mate, really lush and healthy.
How have you set up the main lighting.
Also do you manage to keep the yeast co2 stable ? I struggled with mine and had algae outbreaks so I went with liquid carbon. I may try the two and give your recipe a go.
Hi Island lad , Thank you :) The DIY Co2 is stable for 4-5 days after that it slows down and does not keep the bell full of Co2, So i change on day 5 all going well so far:)
Lighting is four 25 watt GLS bulbs 6500 k at the back of the hood "Only two on at the moment " And a 10watt 6500k garden flood light at the front of the hood.The Reason for only two lights on at this point. Had a little algae starting to show on the moss nearest the top of the tank so turned two lights off. And this seems to be working so far :D

Hi All, My Best photo of the Anubias flower head:rolleyes:

322_zpsba31580b.jpg

Great shot there :)

if I may, what white balance did you use on the camera? (sorry for off topic and pm if you wish) and is it a DSLR camera? I ask as my anubias flower is white yet the picture shows more yellow ... Do anubias have different coloured flowers???
If the flower is more white "in real life" maybe look to set a custom white balance if you can. Happy to help if you need a note on how to! Cheers, bob

Hi Four50, Thank you :) As to the Camera It a Olympus E-450 Since starting Aquascaping the Quality of the photos i take has become more important :) The flower is white in real life. Will have to read the Instruction manual :D Well i had a flick through I have 8 different colour temp settings and one is for 6600k fluorescent lighting :thumbup: Thank you so much for the info :thumbup: Will start playing around now :cool: Learning two things now Aquascaping and Photography Hope to get better at both Thanks Again :thumbup:

Back