• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Staurogyne Repens leaves been eaten?.

Shades

About a week ago i noticed quite alot of the leaves on my Staurogyne Repens had what looked liked they had been eaten which happened during the night.
So i removed all of them and removed the damaged leaves and replanted them. Just checked today and the same thing has happened during the night to about 80% of the Repens,
None of my other plants have been touched just the Repens.
Fish i have are Neon Tetras, Oto's, Amano Shrimps and one SAE which i've had a few years now and is never seen during the day but does come out when lights are off.
I have found a couple of very tiny snails lately which must of been introduced when i added some plants about a month ago but not seen anymore since removing them.
This is the first time i've had this problem so any help with be appreciated.

Thanks.

Do you have any pictures?

Since this has happened overnight, I'd be inclined to blame the SAE. Provide it with more vegetable matter in it's diet and it should leave your S. repens alone. Blanched courgette without the skin seems to do the trick for most people.

Cheers Henry, i was inclined to blame the SAE but couldn't understand why it's never done it before now. Might give it to a local tropical shop.
I'll try and sort some pics out.

Don't jump to conclusions just yet!
Was thinking of giving it to a local shop anyway because it's got a little to big.
Can't think of anything else it can be due to that much damage in one night.

Thanks.

I had a rogue Amano that went through my dwarf Lobelia...
Lobelia is loved by shrimps it seems, my CRS demolish it! ....I don't trust hungry shrimp with plants :) On the other hand, my SAE doesn't seem to bother my plants.

My amano are on them everyday and not doing any damage so i'm pretty sure it's not them.
Pretty certain it's the SAE though, i put some blanched cucumber in earlier and the SAE has come out after lights out and it is going absolutely mental with it. Half of it gone in no time at all.

Pretty certain it's the SAE, i put some blanched cucumber in earlier and the SAE has come out after lights out and it is going absolutely mental with it. Half of it gone in no time at all.
The little sod :)

Back