• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Staurogyne sp problem

alzak

Hi All

I do have small problem with staurogyne sp let me explain for now i use step 2 ada,eca and some polish made macro ferts also liquid carbon and pressured co2
problem is the leawes are not really green is like brown-green and keep loosing some of the leawes just near a substrate
Light now for 6 hours 24w for 60l water a
Any advice how to grow this plant?

Hi

in this tank I use 2 external filters one tetratec ex700 and fluval 205 so is not problem with this also I can not add any more co2 as this will harm my fish

lowforeground1.jpg

Good CO2, clean filtered water, ADa AS, but I add a lot more nutrients to the water column.

I've had the plants melt some, loose leaves for 2-3 weeks, then stop and regrow well/aggressively.
There was lull in the care of the tank, it's happened 2x, the plants loose leaves and clog filters etc for a few weeks, but it stops if you tweak the CO2/clean filters, do more water changes, dose more etc.

Sort of nice for me, the damn weed grows really fast so it did not need trimming, but the loosing leaves was another hassle. :twisted: So it acts weird, and melts like a Crypt perhaps, but recovers easily if you are patient.

regards,
Tom Barr

Hi,

I got Staurogyne growing in three forms. One is attached to wood, other is on a pot and the last is on a high lighted area on my tank, planted on the substrate.

The plants on the wood and pot grow leggy, but the ones on the substrate spread out, and stay very low, no more than 1cm from the substrate.

I dose a lot of nutrients and CO2, and thankfully have not had any leaves dying out.

I've planted one pot of this in my tank. I was advised in the shop to cut itback when planting to encourage it to grow out sideways over the substrate. I'm worried I might have been to enthusiastic in this endevour!

I'd mirror what Tom says about Staurogyne. It played up on me a couple of months back when my CO2 ran out and it lost alot of leaves to yellowing/falling apart. My crypts melted at the same time. Coming back nicely now thou.

Back