• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Stepping back into the hobby - Lido 200

Hello all - been a few years since I last dabbled in the hobby - I've just bought my own place and first port of call was a planted tank! Quick run down of the setup:

Juwel Lidl 200
Dual 28w T5's
Pressurised CO2
Insert substrate
Aqua essentials fertilisers
Sieryu stone
Redmoor wood

First fish are in tomorrow - looking at Serpae Tetras to begin with - I'm looking to introduce angel fish later on.

Attachments

• IMG_3217.JPG
    IMG_3217.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 293
looking at Serpae Tetras to begin with - I'm looking to introduce angel fish later on.

From Seriously Fish Species profile
H. eques is notorious as an aggressive community inhabitant with a reputation for nipping the fins of tankmates although this behaviour tends to be most pronounced when insufficient numbers are purchased or space is limited.

Definitely plan on a group of at least 10 Serpae :)
They are nice active fish just need to plan the community around them - if you do add angels, look for standard fin angels rather than any long fin/veil tail etc, I'd also not add very young angels

Congrats on the new tank & nicely started :D

Thanks for the tips, here is an update

here is a FTS- I couldn't be more happy with how things are growing in at the minute, not only that the fish I have are getting on great, this is one of the most enjoyable set ups I've had in a long while: forgive the poor quality iPhone pics, I don't currently have a camera

Current stock list:
6 angel fish (until a pair form)
2 keyhole cichlids
2 cockatoo apisto's
12 red eye tetras
10 dwarf neon rainbows
6 albino cory's
6 bronze cory's
6 Corydoras julii
8 marbled hatchetfish
1 guppy (rescued from a friend)
A bristlenose pleco

The keyhole cichlids and Apisto's continue to spawn weekly as do the bronze and albino Cory's so they must be happy!

As far as shrimp go I think the red cherry shrimp has been decimated by the cichlids.
The Amano's are still going strong though.

Algae is minimal too, just a touch of diatoms but to be expected as it is still a fairly immature setup. My CO2 gave out about a month ago and I didn't notice - doh - the Hygrophila melted and has only just started to recover. I removed the HC also.

Attachments

• IMG_3555.JPG
    IMG_3555.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 261
Back