• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

sticking extension blocks.

Nick16

hi, im want to 'stick' my extension blocks to the inside of my cabinet so they are more in reach.
However, using something like double sided sticky tape will remove the paintwork on the inside which will be a real PITA.
is there anything aanyone can suggest?

i was thinking about those 'magic' spots that you can stick stuff too, i think they are some JML creation but im not sure if/how they would work.

Nick16 said:
hi, im want to 'stick' my extension blocks to the inside of my cabinet so they are more in reach.
However, using something like double sided sticky tape will remove the paintwork on the inside which will be a real PITA.

i was thinking about those 'magic' spots that you can stick stuff too, i think they are some JML creation but im not sure if/how they would work.

thats exactly what i need too nick, i was going to superglue it on :lol:

AdAndrews said:
Nick16 said:

thats exactly what i need too nick, i was going to superglue it on :lol:

What happens if there is a problem with the extension once its been superglued :thumbdown:

Nick

On the back of the extension there should be two slot - these slots accept screws - you could put small wood screws into the cupboard and attach the extension to the cupboard via the two wood screws.

Paul.

[quote="Flyfisherman"

What happens if there is a problem with the extension once its been superglued :thumbdown:

[/quote]

i take pot shots at it with my rifle until the extension block dissapears :crazy: im using screws

AdAndrews said:
[quote="Flyfisherman"

i take pot shots at it with my rifle until the extension block dissapears :crazy: im using screws[/quote]

I bet somewhere in the world somebody has thought / used superglue - then encounted a problem
Paul.

i did think about instead of screwing, drill holes where the screws would go and use a cable tie, but i spose you would have no benefit to just using screws, unless you ran out that is.

I use screws.

Some extension blocks do not have the lugs for hanging off of screws, so in that case I would go for velcro.

velcro is a good shout but surely that also has to be stuck to the cabinet via a glue?

Nick16 said:
but then surely the adhesive would cause the paintowrk to peel off when removed?
it may or may not do, depending on the substance used. I have spoken to my dad to see if he had any velcro, he said it wouldnt work as the block would be too heavy, im goin with the screws.

I tried using these and tying it with cable ties.

It got annoying after a while. Having secured it, i couldnt see the timers without sticking my head inside the cabinet - something you may want to consider if you glue it. These bases also fell off quite easily, perhaps i should have used more than 4.

so they are like double sided sticky things?

they look good and if they come off clean, gotta be a winner.
if they can stick and extensiob block to the wall then sounds excellent. might have to use at least six though!

i watched chelsea :lol:

yeah i have now and they look perfect. hmm might have to get some and then report back when i come to use them, see if they stick well enough!

Back