• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Stock level

lurcher

Please can you advise me,i have a60 gallons planted tank with the following fish,

3yoyos. 1sae. 5 boesemans rainbows 6glowlight tetras, 6 cardinals. tetras and 9 cories. Due to problems climbing stairs for water changes I have to move my fish to a 32 gallon tank downstairs. I do 30/40 % water change's a week ,and maintain my tank to a high standard.my question is will the 32 gallon tank house my fish alright .thank you for taking the time to help me.

Hello! If you could provide more detail on your new aquarium ( as per the link below), that would be great! Also, if you have an idea of the size of your fish in total inches, then that would also be helpful.

Hi,
Is it unfeasible to set the 60g up downstairs? I would imagine the active Rainbows and the SAE would be a bit on the large side for a smaller tank (you could rehome them) but the other inhabitants should be OK.

BRJP1 thank you for your help, I struggle with those instructions.

bazz no I can’t move the large tank but thank you for helping me. I don’t want to rehome if poss,I love my fish and would worry about them, I am in my 80s a silly old man,

BRJP1 thank you for your help, I struggle with those instructions.

bazz no I can’t move the large tank but thank you for helping me. I don’t want to rehome if poss,I love my fish and would worry about them, I am in my 80s a silly old man,
Well I live in Lincoln so if there is anything I can do to help i.e. lifting, carrying etc, just give me a shout.
By the way, I've not carried a bucket of water for water changes in 20 or so years, all you need is a pump, a receptacle (e.g. bath) and a hose pipe and I religiously change 130l of water every week.

bazz,what an incredible offer ,thank you but I will manage, I had an old pump and hosepipe so I rigged it up today and it works a treat.thank you so much for your help and offer.i will now buy a better pump and hose etc.

No problem friend, we are all here to help each other and we want you to keep your fish.
The offer stands , I’m here for the duration.
Cheers!

Please can you advise me,i have a60 gallons planted tank with the following fish,

3yoyos. 1sae. 5 boesemans rainbows 6glowlight tetras, 6 cardinals. tetras and 9 cories. Due to problems climbing stairs for water changes I have to move my fish to a 32 gallon tank downstairs. I do 30/40 % water change's a week ,and maintain my tank to a high standard.my question is will the 32 gallon tank house my fish alright .thank you for taking the time to help me.
Do you have a bath or sink upstairs? If so, what about pumping water from tank down the sink, and then running fresh water from the tap straight into the tank?

Back