• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Stocking for a 120l Fluval F series...

Ryan Young

Hi,

I am restarting this tank and will be moving the fish I currently have out of it to add the new ones I will be getting, so the two types of fish I will be keeping are endlers and gourami.

In terms of the gourami I am trying to figure out my options, I kept dwarf gourami a while back and enjoyed their behaviour, building bubble nests and their activity in the tank. Except the fact they had a problem with breaking my stem plants to build the nests.

So they got to about 6cm until I had to re home them and would either like to keep these again or another type of larger gourami such as the pearl which looks to get to about 10cm.

My question is; being that gouramis should be kept paired two females to one male according to the guy I bought the fish off previously, how many dwarf gourami could I keep if I were to keep around 10-15 endlers?

The tank will be quite open spaced, but do not want to overstock.

If I were to keep pearls or similar sized gourami how many to what number of endlers?

Realistically I would like to keep three dwarf gourami to 15 endlers but am unsure if this would pose an issue.

Thanks,
Ryan

Back