• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Stoneheart

gmartins

Hi guys,

Due to summer laziness I had to teard down my last scape and so I just put another one running.
This time, I break some basic rules and use an even number of rocks. I quite like though.

The aqua was set up 2 weeks ago. All plantas but Rotala (which was planted this weekend) came from my "greenhouse" so they are all still transitioning to the immersed form.

My 18W Blau light fixture also broke down so I'm left with my old 11W Boyu - growth will be slower

Anyways, here's the set up
Tank: 30 x 20 x 20 cm
Light: 11W Boyu hang-on
Filtration: Eheim liberty 100
CO2: pressurized (JBL)
Substrate: ADA amazonia powder
Hardscape: basalt rocks and gravel collected on a beach

Flora:
Hemianthus micranthemoides
Heminathus callitrichoides
Rotala rotundifolia
Staurogyne repens
Echinodorus tenellus
Eleocharis parvula

Fauna: none

Ferts: EI

These 1-minute photos so they are crap. I had also been doing some changes and a waterchange so there is a bit of suspension. Will do some better photo sesssion when I see some growth.

frontview
geralz.jpg

sideview
sideviewt.jpg

frontview with gear
geral2.jpg

cheers

GM

Thanks for your kind words guys.

Olá Paulo. Yes these were collected locally on the upper shore of a cobble beach. I am lucky that I have access to all types of basalt rock here in the Azores (roudend, sharp edges, smooth texture, with grooves). Not so good if you want other types of rock though...

GM

gmartins said:
Thanks for your kind words guys.

Olá Paulo. Yes these were collected locally on the upper shore of a cobble beach. I am lucky that I have access to all types of basalt rock here in the Azores (roudend, sharp edges, smooth texture, with grooves). Not so good if you want other types of rock though...

GM

I wouldn't want for more where you are. Basalt is a stunning rock form, put to good use in your tank.

Cheers,

Going through the diatom phase. The problem is that I am cracking the CO2 up so I cannot add amanos or any other fauna. It tends to go away on its own right?

Although most plants came from emersed conditions I am yet to see any melting. I thing that the high level of CO2 is key :)

The only thing I am a bit disappointing with is that new growth of R. rotundifolia appears to be green and not pink as it was when it was given to me...

cheers

GM

Cuba and hairgrass were showing signs of growth so today I trimmed the old growth back. I hope it promotes the growth of the immersed leaves. Also trimmed some old leaves of the E. tenellus. One of the plants is already sending a runner :)

Rotala seems be growing as well, bug Staurogyne seems to be taking a long time. I can see growth but it is so slow!!!

Diatoms still hitting hard. Will keep the waterchanges every other day.

cheers

GM

Back