• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Structural failure of plants.....always light/co2 issue?

Ady34

Global Moderator
UKAPS Team
As above.
Is the structural failure of submerged aquatic plants always a co2 (and/or light combination) issue or is there anything else within reason that can cause rapid failure?
Cheers
Ady

Ady,

The melt you mention, of staurogyne and Ammania sp. Bonsaii I experienced myself when setting up my tank a couple of months ago.

Mines looking a lot better now though, I guess that critical first week has to be cock on with Co2/light otherwise It drops all its leaves more or less.

My Ammania sp. Bonsaii was also 1-2 Grow, so maybe it's the transition from emersed to submersed it struggles with.

Just thought I'd let you know I'd experienced a similar situation.

:)

Yeah, I know 9 times out of 10 it's gonna be co2 /light, but just wondered if anything else causes complete failure. Although I feel now I could have done more regards the light and co2 it to my mind was much improved on my first attempt in dragons crypt where the same lighting was used but co2 took me weeks to ramp up. this time i was achieving lime green dc for lights on and only running a 5hr photoperiod yet the plants have completely failed. Not just dropping leaves but stem and leaf turning to mush in week 2.
There are some survivors but it ain't pretty!
I'm running yellow dc at the minute with reduced lighting intensity, bit wary now about introducing livestock as ill have to turn down the co2 rate.....guess ill have to buy some brackets after all and hang the light high!
Cheerio
Ady

Back