• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Stu's ADA Mini M Nano Manzi Scape

Stu Worrall

Global Moderator
UKAPS Team
I stripped down my mini-m last week in preparation for a new scape. I'd toyed with the idea of a Yamaya Iwagumi as it haven't seen many of those done in the UK. I came up with this...

6940890383_0c4c428e68_o.jpg
ADA Mini M Aquascape by Stu Worrall, on Flickr

But then I changed my mind after buying four pieces of Manzi wood from George Farmer when we visited his house last week (thanks George! :) )

I got the four pieces and tied them together with some bonsai wire. This is the setup from empty. Apologies for the poo lighting. I couldn't be bothered getting the other flash going!

Empty Tank.

6940914545_087cdebcc8_o.jpg

ADA tourmaline, Penac W and P in. (Yes I know Penac is snake oil but I got it free :) )

6940914639_55b2c27969_o.jpg

ADA Power Sand Special added. Left a gap at the front and the front right so it isnt visible.

6940914701_31b1bea974_o.jpg

ADA Aquasoil Amazonia added. gap left at the front right for Nile Sand later. Banked high at the back to give depth

6794801930_0208576edf_o.jpg

Four pieces of Manzi wood from Tom Barr/George Farmer joined together with Bonsai wire into a clump.

6940914915_a31ca06bae_o.jpg

ADA Yamaya Stone added to the front right to shore up the aquasoil and stop it mixing with the Nile Sand which Ill add later.

6794802140_c8d747e7af_o.jpg

Thats all I got up to at this point. More pics to follow once its planted but I'm putting tunnels in the front, stems in the back. hydro sp japan dotted here and there. pelia, mosses and fissidens wrapped around the wood.

Specs for now.

Tank: ADA Cube Garden Mini M - 36x22x26cm / 5mm optiwhite glass
Hardscape: ADA Yamaya Rock, Tom Barr Manzi Wood
Co2: Pressurised via Do!Aqua Music Glass - Mini 10D, Music Counter and ADA grey parts set
Lighting: ADA Mini-M - Solar 27W light
Filtration: Fluval 205 external to
Outlet - Cal Aqua Nano outlet.
Inlet - Do!Aqua Violet Glass mini MV-1 13D
Heating: None as its in a centrally heated room. (and above the skyhd box!) temp is 22 degrees
Substrate: ADA Power Sand Special topped with ADA Amazoni normal/Powder - Penac P & W and tourmaline for good measure
Ferts per day: ADA Step 1 and Brighty K
Critters: Red Cherry Shrimp,
plants to include - Ferns, tennelus,, fissidens, mosses, hydrocoytle sp japan

Thanks all

where are you whinnie? Tom Barr ships it from the USA so he may ship it to you?

I got lucky as bought it off George for £22 though :)

SteveUK said:
Looks nice Stu. Will be a proper little stunner, I'm sure!
as long as I don't bodge the planting! Its quite tight in there at the moment and the downside is theres not much room for scissors :(

Im in Cumbria but compared to bogwood etc its just massively expensive..... but i suppose you get what you pay for, awesome scape so far

stuworrall said:
Thanks all

where are you whinnie? Tom Barr ships it from the USA so he may ship it to you?

I got lucky as bought it off George for £22 though :)

SteveUK said:
Looks nice Stu. Will be a proper little stunner, I'm sure!
as long as I don't bodge the planting! Its quite tight in there at the moment and the downside is theres not much room for scissors :(

Bloody hell, did I miss that bit !? LOL. Its looking awesome Stu. Can't wait to see how it progresses. I LOVE those mini Ms (almost as much as I love M&M's lol)

Back