• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Submerse and emerge plants in tropical pond

Hello members
Longtime since the last up date !
I went yesterday to the pond and all the plants are growing madly ! In particular the ludwigia arcuata and HM.
I went there because we have received a lot of plants. Unfortunately I have finish to plant it at the end of the day light was not good so the pic were not good ! But here is some pic before planting you will see how it s becoming a mess.
I will go there on Wednesday so I will take better pic.

Ludwigia
9azyru6u.jpg

Look to the last and the first pic you will see how it s growing.

A bit of a mess there lol
9e4upydu.jpg

HM growing over rocks
5ena8ady.jpg

Rotala green and red I have add 2 species of Rotala yesterday indica and macranda.
6anubuta.jpg

Mix of HM Rotala and bacopa
e6e9y5y8.jpg

Hygrophilia
aneda9az.jpg

Glosso has take the whole pot
equnasa7.jpg

Lilaeopsis
u3epa9us.jpg

More soon

Cheers

Hi guys
Flygja that is why we are growing all these plants in the pond like that when we rescape we just harvest the plants from there. Since Sunday we have now 24 different species. From HC to hygro polysperma sunset. Hehe
So if we want to rescape we just harvest.
Thanks for following.

Steve we have buy more HC because my friend have a 900 L tank and he wanted a carpet of HC the sooner possible haha.
The pot that you can see in this journal is all ready in the water. But he didn't listen to my advices and they all die. I was a bit upset because I wanted half in my tank. But that's ok it already growing again in the pot.

I will go there tomorrow morning to see if what I have done on Sunday is ok !!!
So I will take pic and make a nice update.
Since I am on UKAPS I wish I have a nice camera like a canon D5 with a good lens hahaha.

Cheers guys and thanks for following.

Hi plants lover
A new update for today. We have received a lot of plants for my friend tank (900L) and at the same time I decided to order new species.
I went there yesterday and here are some pic of the new plants and also pic of the plants that he have order and that are waiting for him to comeback from Belgium.

View of one of the growing zone
ytyha7y4.jpg

anedasa6.jpg

yquzasab.jpg

Here the new species
Staugoryne repens
aquhuduz.jpg

Hygrophila poly. Sunset + Rotala indica
ype7u5em.jpg

y2e5u7em.jpg

When I received the hygro sunset it was all green like the normal polysperma but now the new leaves that are growing under Congolese light are growing pink ;).

Eusteralis stellata
6apajy9e.jpg

I have to say that it growing better in my thank than emerge.

Rotala macrandra. It have a hard start but I think it will be ok. Maybe I should move it to a shady area ?

6evuzyva.jpg

Hygrophilia poly. Normal
tumume4y.jpg

Crypt mi oya.
All the cryp that we bring for his tank are growing outside since Sunday and they all looking really nice. New leaves are coming out. And they are all shining like we have put some varnish on it lol.
guqu3ase.jpg

By posting this I see that I miss some new plants like staugoryne Porto Velho, blixa japonica, cryp wendtii c402, C406, parvula. And maybe some others lol

old plants
Rotala rotundifolia green
5a2eqy2y.jpg

One smaaaaaall part of the ludwigia arcuata.
4y8ada2e.jpg

You have pic of the old plants in last post it was taken on Sunday.

Cheers

Hello just a quick update

I had to trim the P stelatta because it was becoming to big

nenuhe7a.jpg

Sorry for the quality of the pic but it was tricky to shot this plant on the other side of the pond

ujesahu7.jpg

aqy5eta6.jpg

Hygrophilia poly sunset and Rotala indica
hu3yvane.jpg

Everything is going well. Now we are entering in the dry season, so cloudy days with no sun and no rain for 4,5 month ! We will see

Cheers guys

Back