• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Suitable lighting issue

kellyboy47

Hi,
I have a Juwel Korall Tropical 54l tank which was originally supplied with a T8 Monulux hood however because I use an external filter and CO2 the 'cut out' at the back of the hood where most pipework / cables would go is not large enough to accommodate the filter pipes so I have had a Perspex lid made to cover the top of the aquarium with sufficient cut outs for all the pipework paraphernalia.

I wish to buy some form of lighting suitable for sustained growth of plants that can be screwed to the underside of the Perspex and wondered if anyone could recommend / suggest such a solution

Many thanks
Trev

Yes its got an UP LED light which bolts onto the side of the tank at the moment but I will take a pic when I get home from work and post

Attachments

• P1010823_zpsc753f898.jpg
    P1010823_zpsc753f898.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 72
Aracdia stretch led? It wont go under the perspex but would sit nicely on top.

Aracdia stretch led? It wont go under the perspex but would sit nicely on top

Hi Ollie...thanks for that....thing is I don't really want an open tank hence using the acrylic cover and hopefully screwing a waterproof lighting unit to the underside of the acrylic

It is very thin and water proof so I suppose you could use it under I just assumed your lid was clear.

Back