• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Super glue

Daz2162

Hi folks.
Just wondering about super glue in aquariums. I watch a video about different ways to attach java fern and one way was to put a tiny blob of a certain super glue on the root base and stick it to whatever you were sticking it to. I had my concerns about this but the chap said later on in the vid that if the active ingredient is cyanoacrylate then it'll be safe.
Just wanted your input on this, i personally think it should be okay but id rather ask the experts first before i go ahead and do it.

Thing is i have a boisterous clown plec and he always finds away to release the fern from the wood that havent yet attached, i tied these ones on with fishing line, just wanted a way to make it plec proof!

Cheers

Darren

Hi, I use staples on wood and fishing line on stone., you can get stainless staples too.:) people on here do use glue.:)

I've used super glue a few times and had no problem, but i doubt its going to be plec proof. It certainly sticks it on, but it can be knocked off. I've just glued loads of fern to wood in my dads tank, but not before moving his boisterous pleco to a lfs.

Most cheap tubes of generic superglue are cyanoacrylate. It usually says so on the side. I've used it before with no ill-effect.

Happy days, im glad so many people have tried with no side effects. Yeah yo han mines established too so will have to do this during a water change, looking forward to doing now!! Let me know how it all goes, I'll do the same.

Cheers

Darren

Back