• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Superjet design

Easternlethal

I've always been intrigued by the superjet, especially the ability to house the pump outside the canister and be able to replace it.

Well I was navigating some Chinese forums and came across this. Retails for around $150..

What do people think (apart from 'buy original')? Am now wondering whether I should upgrade my sunsun...

7e4a29dedf015da7db3cd8c3c83f96e7.jpg

7bcabe33b2ad8c4b47f4bffaaa7f6fd6.jpg

Last edited:
What pump?
Iwaki makes an outstanding pump & it's probably the only reason I'd consider a Superjet

It's also unlikely that the "stainless" is anything like at that price ;)

But if you buy it, you can do one of those unboxing & set up videos :D

From what I can see from the fittings it should be possible to mount an original iwaki/eheim/jebao or whatever you like to it...

There's actually also a pvc version that is much cheaper with a co2 inlet. Will try to get a photo of it.

Here's the $20 version... Basically just a prefilter which is what the superjet is.

Will it fit an iwaki? Why not..

uploadfromtaptalk1464930849363.jpg

77fb9e2dab7bbf8352fb3a2a73b33971.jpg

I have a couple of Iwaki pumps and whilst industrially built and v solid feeling they do run very hot to the touch, are somewhat noisy and consume a lot more power than an equivalent Ehiem or similar. However I love the purity of the design and the beauty of an ADA Powerjet as an object.
I seriously considered these Chinese knock off versions myself but somehow I know I'd feel I'd short changed myself and the memory of Takashi Amano for buying anything less than an original. So I bought an Ehiem classic which is an equally superbly functional design at a fraction of the cost but with a fraction of the beautious industrial chic... choices,choices

Having a bypass and impeller inside the canister reduces its filtering performance imo.

That's why I like the superjet design best.

Didn't know that - I have a Eheim Pro 3. Why does it have the bypass yet not the Classic range ?

By bypass I mean that a percentage of water being pushed up from bottom to top can bypass the filter media by travelling around the outside of the baskets. With the Classics or the Superjets the filter media is tight against the sides of the filter so there is less chance for water to bypass the media.

Back