• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Supermarket cleaning sponges

BarryH

To help with cleaning the inside of my tanks, I pull the coarse white scrubber part from the supermarket sponges and attach it to the end of a tank scraper. Does anyone know if you can buy the coarse white material separately?

When I pull the white away from the sponge, there is quite often some glue residue that I'm worried could scratch the glass.

Loads on google just have a quick search for "white scouring pads" the 3m or scotch brite will be better quality but it all does the same job, i like them for the pyrex in the kitchen.

You want to get your hands on melamine sponges, that's the "magic erasers" seachem sell.

You can get 10, unbranded for approx £3 on eBay, free delivery.

You want to get your hands on melamine sponges, that's the "magic erasers" seachem sell.

You can get 10, unbranded for approx £3 on eBay, free delivery.
Thanks for the reply, I do use them but I find they're not as good as the scouring bit on the supermarket sponges.

Melamine sponges for acrylic tanks are the real deal though if anyone is rocking acrylic.

To help with cleaning the inside of my tanks, I pull the coarse white scrubber part from the supermarket sponges and attach it to the end of a tank scraper. Does anyone know if you can buy the coarse white material separately?

When I pull the white away from the sponge, there is quite often some glue residue that I'm worried could scratch the glass.

Are these what you are after @BarryH?:

Amazon product ASIN B003LY9PH6

Back