• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Suspected ich

Kevin70

Hi all I've just bought a pair of apistogrammas and the female as just gone and hid the male comes out and I've noticed him flicking against things and he's not eaten for two days well since I've had him so do u think I should start a treatment for ich ??? Any advice would be grateful thanks guys

Yes I understand but with them not eating aswell it's hard for me to watch them because my tank is just full of plants

You can lure them out with live daphnia, would be perfect since they stay in the water column.

Could also be flukes from the travel stress. I would make sure water quality stays optimal and spoil them with live food.

Do you have plenty of hiding spots, holes and caves? Leaf litter, sand? Surface cover? That would all help lowering stress levels.

Yes I got them a cave my water hopefully is spot on as I'm growing baby tears thanks for your info

Back