• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Swmbos' got Camellanus..............

oldbloke

Hang on........better rephrase that.
One of swmbos' guppies has. Well, had. I had to do an autopsy.
They were at the stage where they were hanging out. Will everything else in the tank have them by now?
And does anybody have a link to a life cycle/info thing?

Cheers.

Hi all,
I had them once, not a very nice experience for me or the fish. I treated the tank with Flubenol 15%, which had no effect (but killed all the snails and Planaria) and with Levamisole HCL (bought as "Harka Verm"), which worked straight away.

I followed the recommendations from the "Loaches Online" <Levamisole Hydrochloride — Loaches Online>.

cheers Darrel

That's a fantastic link Darrel,very informative and interesting reading :thumbup:
It says it's safe for inverts,does that include shrimp as well?

It doesn't kill shrimp outright (at least not my cherries and simoni), but they really don't like it. They act really drunk and lethargic and I had about 20 or 30 that jumped clean out the tank overnight when I dosed. I think I may have overdosed though after reading some conflicting dosage suggestions.

I hope I don't have to ever use it but in case I did I wanted to know the possible effects.
In my case it would definitely be easier to try and catch the shrimp than the fish if I ever did!

Just as a follow up......
It's been about 3 weeks now since I first spotted the worms in one fish in the tank. Said fish was sacrificed to aid medical science.
I have been treating with Sterazin, not that I had much faith in it, but I have seen no symptoms in any of the other fish.
Would I have been expected to have seen something by now?

Cheers.

Edit...........just re read the life cycle. A long way to go yet!

Back