• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

T5vs LED

lurcher

PLease advise me, in simple terms what the equivalent of two 39 watt t5tubes in led light would be.sorry but I’m an old guy still using a pencil for writing Instead of a computer.thank you.

Rule of thumb is about half the wattage is equilivent LED.
Is it tropical or marine?
It is difficult because all lamps have different efficiency ratings. So it is easier to match colour temp and lumen output.
Do you know the colour temp and lumen output?
Maybe a pic of any writing on the tube and the tube make will allow someone to give you an idea as to which LED units would match without having to mess about with light settings for your tank.

PLease advise me, in simple terms what the equivalent of two 39 watt t5tubes in led light would be.sorry but I’m an old guy still using a pencil for writing Instead of a computer.thank you.
Keep in mind many LEDs are dimmable so getting too much light is near impossible .😁

A close fit..
1:2, 1:1.5 ( my preferred minimum) 1:1
All should work.

Also keep in mind that led spread is different from t5's.
With a wide tank your "equiv." may be more like 2 lights

Will leave spectrum out but that really is part of the " equivalency". Any daylight look will do. Will be more a matter of taste.
Spread, spectrum, photons.

To complicate this there is a lot of dependency of your lights orig. efficiency and even bulb age.
You could only need 1:3w.
Simple questions are rarely simple.
🙂

Last edited:
Back