• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Taiwan bee water parameters.

TDS is fine. If they are hybrids then they will be pretty hardy anyway. Once they start giving you some TB offspring then you may need to worry about extra filter capacity for bacteria and extra oxygen. Like i said though, being bred from hybrids will make them hardier.

If you start breeding TB with TB to improve quality then extra filtration and oxygen is a must.

TDS is fine. If they are hybrids then they will be pretty hardy anyway. Once they start giving you some TB offspring then you may need to worry about extra filter capacity for bacteria and extra oxygen. Like i said though, being bred from hybrids will make them hardier.

If you start breeding TB with TB to improve quality then extra filtration and oxygen is a must.
Thanks for comments Dane.I think i am going to leave the 2nd internal running it gives better tank turnover and with 1 spray bar above the surface the tank is full of tiny bubbles.Can't be a bad thing can it?Cheers Mark

Thanks very much Dane for the advice:)The guy who is sending me the TB hybrids says he keeps them at about 350/380 microsimens.Not to sure as to what this means at a TDS measurement,did read that 1ppm TDS = 1.56 not too sure if it's reliable.Current is 148 TDS in the tank i see you recommended 150-200.I could up it a bit but was a bit worried about increasing GH too:confused:.
As for temperature i have an ugly heater in keeping it at a steady 22 degreesC new one should come Wednesday with the TB's.:)
Cheers Mark

If you raise the tds your gh will be far too high if you go near the 200 mark & your gh will be about 9 if it was reading gh 7 at tds 150

I have to use mosura tds 'up' yo get my tds up without raising gh. At gh 5 my tds is around 110.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

If you raise the tds your gh will be far too high if you go near the 200 mark & your gh will be about 9 if it was reading gh 7 at tds 150
Hi Graham i was not intending to raise the TDS but was intrested to know what people think a reading of 350/380 microsimens could relate to as an aproximate TDS.Tomorow i will do a small WC and bit of filter maintenance without cleaning the media.I have decided to leave both filters running when the shrimp come for better aeration and water quality also leaving the Purigen in,What do you think Graham?
What post what the parameters are when i have done the WC.Cheers Mark:)

I have to use mosura tds 'up' yo get my tds up without raising gh. At gh 5 my tds is around 110.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Hi Lindy,is that your normal parameters in your tank(GH 5 TDS 110)?
I allways thought GH5 was the lowest you should have the GH or there would be moulting problems.I am probably wrong,it is intresting though to see how people can succesfully keep(and breed)TB's at different parameters.
Can't wait for my shrimp to come:)
Cheers Mark

Gh 5 is perfect for TB's 6 is ok but any higher you will be very lucky to bred or raise any shrimp
Any lower than gh 4 you are right in thinking it will cause moulting issues

To be honest i have found that GH can vary drastically depending on the aquarium, its all about finding the right balance. As we know, you can set up two identical aquariums but both would have a completely different ecosystem.

Start with your GH how it is and raise it if you have any problems. I have a Blue Bolt tank where TDS is around 350, any lower than that and i have poor survival rate of babies. Another tank containing King Kong has a TDS of 120. All tanks are different as are shrimp. TDS/GH guidlines should be used as just that, guidance.

Did a water change today and the tank is now PH 6.3ish GH 6 TDS 148 so i think that is hopefully a good starting point.:cool:I hope!Cheers Mark

Hello mark where did you buy your Taiwan f1 from? I'm trying to find a reasonable price for a batch. My tank start cycling this weekend

Would akadama be a good substrate or any black substrate type ebi gold is better for taiwan bees?

Hello mark where did you buy your Taiwan f1 from? I'm trying to find a reasonable price for a batch. My tank start cycling this weekend
Hi Vic i think someone mentioned Basil as regards getting Taiwan F1 in another thread,that's a good idea.There are also other members keeping Taiwan bees as well that might have some surplus.I would not be of much help as i live in Italy and had a hell of a job getting hold of any.I have now managed to get some and put them in late on thursday.They have settled in nicely:)And i am well chuffed with them:happy:I will try and get a few pics up soon!Cheers Mark.

Back