• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tall plants

idris

Any suggestions for tall (2ft+) plants for a low tech tank?
I'm thinking of replacing my Vallis with something that's tolerant of liquid CO2. I know some stem plants would do well, but I've not seen any that I like.

I've read Crypt Balanasae is a slow grower and I've not seen mention of many people getting it taller than a foot. My tank is 2ft deep.
I think Crinum Calamistratum looks great, but I've read it needs good light levels and is difficult to get child bulbs. (It's also relatively expensive.)

I've read Crypt Balanasae is a slow grower and I've not seen mention of many people getting it taller than a foot. My tank is 2ft deep.
I think Crinum Calamistratum looks great, but I've read it needs good light levels and is difficult to get child bulbs. (It's also relatively expensive.)

Well at the risk of self promotion check out my Lazy Asian Journal, pretty rapid balansae growth at 4ft long in 6 months. I have grown crinum calamistrum in the past and don't recall it needing silly amounts of light. My vote remains balansae however....

I have both in my 3ft low tech.crypts are getting toward 2ft long and the crinum is about 3ft long.
I use a fluval led with some of the light blanked off.
No added carbon.

Back