• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tank Refurb... Asian

These were at MA, but I wont be getting them. Looking at maybe getting Pygmy Cories or something small and asian for the bottom layer

Not keen on "balloon" fish. It just seems wrong. Grotesque malformation.

Those cories are nice. I'd consider them...even at that price. They are unusually colourful. I have peppered cories which are happy things, a cheap and cheerful favourite. I also have some sterbai cories but they are so shy I rarely see them!

Not going to go for either. Might look at the Lazer Cories when I have a bigger tank... maybe a Amazon Biotope..

Finally starting to do something with this tank. Did a test and added my 5050 SMD Led tiles to it to see how it looks (forgot pics, ill take some tonight)
Same as these, but the warm versions (will be bidding on the cool white versions) 20pcs 4LED 5050 SMD Cool White Module Waterproof Light Lamp DC 12V | eBay

Looks really good and adds the right ambience to the tank. Just now worried about their effect on the plants.

Also bought some Tropica 1,2, Grow plants this weekend and will see how they get on in the community AR620 with the ferts and carbo.

Decided on the fish for this tank as well.
1x Male Crowntail Betta
9-12 x Harlequin Rasbora (natural colour variant)
6-12 x Chilli or Galaxy Rasbora
3-6 x Ottos
Shrimp (they have to be in all my tanks :) )

Plants:
Java Fern
Crypts (various for different heights and colours)
Anubias SP. Nana (for some reason I cannot for the love of all things holy keep the sp. Bonsai/Petite alive...)
Various Mosses, especially Pheonix Moss due to its stunning colour
Twisted Vallis

I would not mix chilli rasbora with a betta. Too much temptation for the male to pick them off.

I have two Chillis currently in my Nano tank with my VeilTail and whilst he does occasionally chase them he doesnt go after them constantly. Ill take that into consideration and more than likely take them off the list. Would they not be alright with lots of plant cover?

More plant cover the better, TBH it does come down to the betta. hit and miss with level of agression.

Yeah. My Veiltail loves everything but my crowntail is slightly more aggressive chasing the ancistrus and the harlequins, but doesnt really go after them as much as I thought he would. Ill play it by ear on the crowntail or I might even swap them so the veiltail is in the biotope.

Ok so plans have indeed changed :)

Juwel Rekord will now be an amazon biotope'ish tank with:
Tetra
Panda Cory
Maybe Pygmy Cory
Ancistris
( and 5x Guppies...)

So, plant suggestions please???????

Also can I run my newly acquired AR850 without the Filter and Lighting hood? So essentially open top?

Back