• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tank size

Pav0112

Seedling
If tank is 100cm wide.
What's should be the depth and height of it🤔
Is 100x40x50 ok?
Are there any rules to the ratio?

Hi Pav,

No i don't think there are any rules. There are common size's but this varies from different brands.
Custom made tanks is also possible but might cost you a bit more.

For a 100 i think 100x45(50)x60 would look better. I currently have a ADA 60P 60x36x30 and those ratio's look great for me.

ADA 60P 60x36x30 is a sweet spot; nice for scapes, a nice footprint & volume for many nano fish.

However if barceless, you'll want to think carefully about height - the forces at play are not to be messed with, try and stay less than 45cm in height, and if you don't want bowing in the glass go quite think at around 14mm+

Hi Pav,

There really aren't any rules at all, luckily. If I had now similar space, budget and conditions for example, I'd go for 100x50x40(h), as I like tanks to be more on the shallow side but also with a large footprint to play around with depths and hardscape.

To follow up from above, above 45cm of height you'll also start to need high intensity and penetration lighting systems.

mines a bit over 60cm deep and that’s a bit annoying when you want to do any work or recover something you have dropped, as for a lot of people that’s a wet sleeve even when rolled up, unless your needing to drop the water level, so if you have the floor space id maximise volume by extending the width and length and having it shallower

Back