• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tank1

I usually do maintenance on Saturday morning but I am away the weekend so had to do it today. The tank needed a good clean and a good prune, the R macranda was trying to escape and the R sp green needs regular pruning to keep it healthy.
I have been re-planting the cuttings, but this is the last time I can do that, there is no more space.

Yesterday:
yqrakVz.jpg

Today after a good clean and cut back.
9XDsEgY.jpg

HI,
Had some problems with the S repens the last 5 days so the lovely carpet is no more. It suddenly all melted, The melt spread like wildfire from one spot in the middle of the front, leaves turned grey and rotted within 3 days all the front section had disappeared. Oh well. I'm sure it will grow back.
I am still fussing over lights, Have switched lighting types durations and intensity several times, must stop fiddling with the lights.
Anyway, This is the Rotala green that I have, it has a habit of growing sideways or snaking about the tank like a creeping plant not like a stem at all, its leaves all seem to grow like pine needles.
Q69J1K5.jpg

The stems are thickening up slowly, I am not in any rush though, I hope to transplant some of the cuttings to the foreground to fill this hole. Sorry about the bubbles.
vDdJubK.jpg

Thanks
:)

Back