• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tearing the 30 gallon SA inspired tank down

Scmelik

I currently have my 30 gallon set up as a South American inspired scape (see the attach photo). It’s a sand capped dirted tank that has been my first true introduction to a planted aquascape. I’ve honestly hated it since the day I set it up, it’s never looked right to me and now I’m dealing with some algae issues that I can’t get under control no matter what I’ve done that I believe has to do with the potting soil leeching something.

Anyways in a couple of months once I come back from a work trip I plan on ripping it down, removing the substrate and going with aquasoil and scaping it more like a Dutch style inspired tank.

I am trying to put together my planting list but I am really struggling to do so. I know that I do not want a carpet or really any plants that send out runners just because I hate dealing with them after dealing with the dwarf sag that’s in my current setup. I also want to keep the red plants to a minimum and just use them as an accent. I will be running C02, good lighting and relatively high flow and full fertilizer dosing regime.

Do you all have any suggestions for a planting list? Something that focuses on texture variation, Hight variation, and color variation. (Again with reds being to a minimum).

Attachments

• 61DB60A2-98FA-4562-8400-3349F45FFFC4.jpeg
    61DB60A2-98FA-4562-8400-3349F45FFFC4.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 39
Back