• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Test aquascape

Aquahorti

Greetings,

1,5 days after setting this Mini M up, it is not finished yet as the Vesicularia 'Christmas moss' I got was in such a poor state that I would not use it.

I find it baffling that I seem to be unable to get good 1-2 Grow! despite living 25 km from Egå (Tropica).

The plant selection from front to back is as follows:

Anubias barteri var nana 'Pangolino',

Cryptocoryne walkeri 'Hobbit',

Bolbitis Heudelotii,

Rotala sp 'Green',

Rotala sp 'Shimoga',

and the missing Vesicularia will be added at a later date.

Hardscape is Horn wood and siltstone found at Hanklit http://whc.unesco.org/en/tentativelists/5474/. The siltstone is not completely inert, but very close as it does contain micro fossils. I crushed parts of a 12 kg rock into the smaller rocks used here. The siltstones can be found on the beaches, and fossile hunters breaks the rock to look for the world class fossils that can be found in them.

The sand is just ordinary white sand that we have a plenty here in Denmark. I was planning on using a full ADA soil system, but we happened to have an open bag of Tropica soil, so to use some of that, and because this aquascape is probably going to get ripped down in 3 months time, that was what I ended up using.

The aquascape is something I have made to test plants and ideas for next years IAPLC entry.

IMG_0303.JPG

Back