• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tetras eating plants

matty_

I have had a Limnophila Hippuridodes in my aquarium for about a month showing decent growth, but recently all the ends of this plants look like they have been nipped. I'm only keeping a few tetras and rummy nose currently, didn't think they would eat my plant ;( is this common?

Some tetra's may defenitely "nip" plants. Congo-tetra is f.ex. well known to this habit, but other species and even individuals may well develop such habit.
I have had individuals from species not usually eating plants, develop such habit.
It is very typical, that the youngest growth is attacked. These young leaves usually have not yet build up the "bitter-taste" (or whatever a specific plant uses) that older leaves have for protection against predation.
Sometims this habit of fish "nipping" plants disappear as sudden as it arose - but often it continues, once learned.

I suspect rummy red nose is the main culprit. Why not interrogate them?? They like to snack on my transitioning hc Cuba .
a76b67f977aef42351c007708c2efb9d.jpg

Sent from my MX4 using Tapatalk

I find that picture saddening rather than remotely funny. Not cool.
Err, this is Photoshop right? I just google the picture, not that I will do anything like this nor like to see someone doing it. Just like when we watch movie we see people kill each other or doing sad thing but personally we don't do that.

Sent from my MX4 using Tapatalk

Nope, it's a still taken from an .mp4 video file, the video is on Youtube. That tortured mouse that was probably killed after.

No idea why you think it would be a Photoshop or is even funny in the first place.

Purposely torturing a small defenseless animal for your own amusement is not funny. It would not be funny if it was in a movie either.

Back