• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The edge of madnes

leetaylor

Hi All,

So I am continuing with my other thread https://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/here-goes-nuttin-folks.5035/

However my Son is now of the age to get his first tank, I managed to score an awesome deal on Ebay for a 3 month old Fluval Edge for just £10!!!!

We are started this week and this time im using aqua soil to see how it compares to the substrate in my main tank (if its good i feel an overall of the main tank cumming on)

The first two pics

29931945217_6a0951a942_b.jpg
Just filled by leetaylor, on Flickr

44148502564_f70c46c666_b.jpg
Cleared up by leetaylor, on Flickr

Good luck with that thing, the only good part is the filter.

Access is an nightmare and lightning is just good to grow moss pr anubias directly under it.

You'll need to put additionnal light unit on this if you want to grow something.

I enjoyed mine because of the look but man, it was a nightmare to maintain. Good luck!

I think you can make a nice low tech tank but it's a tough one. I've modified mine to have more light but circulation is an issue. You need to be smart with your scape to allow access but still make it look good.

Try with moss only and see. Weeping moss is growing well for me.

Not for beginners.

Great pick up for a tenner!

If it goes tits up, just sell it for 20 (or 30!) and get something easier :)

So the tank is now Cycled and some fish are in, the plants have gone mad...I am really taken by the difference aquarium soil as a substrate has made

44455390494_48937a53f9_k.jpg
Now with fish by leetaylor, on Flickr

44455390564_a115047270_k.jpg
Now with fish by leetaylor, on Flickr

Back