• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Filter, the Skimmer and The Hose

Giorgio Lamp.

My tank is 70x35x40cm (98L) and as a filter i use the JBL Cristal Profi e901.
My First question is: is it true that the Lilly pipe decreases the rating flow of the filter ? Because the Jbl original hoses are driving me insane and I want to change it with a glass one or a steel one(easier clean and less maintenance then the glass) as the attached picture. Second I really need a surface skimmer for the top of my tank which is now a mess .......I was undecided between the eheim skim 350 or the Lilly pipe with the surface skimmer built in it ( but it's too complicated to clean it......) and the Ocean Free Surf Clear. Honesty this last one looks really well designed and easy to use/clean in a way better than the Eheim. On the other hand the Eheim one looks like it will increase a little the water flow which could be helpful. All this is driving me insane :facepalm::facepalm::banghead::banghead::dead::dead:.

Any suggestion??

Cheers Giorgio
12801488_575109295975593_769723099082226091_n.jpg

As far as I know a lily pipe does not decrease the flow rate, but maybe someone else can confirm this?

I have an eheim skim 350 in my 60p tank and I love it ... Besides the skim funtion it also gives you that extra flow circulation which is always a good thing. One thing you should know: it's a pita with small shrimp because they will climb into the skimmer and can't get out because of the suction. There are ways to fix it though, but it's not as nice and usable as it is when out of the box.

Back