• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Heat

Where my Sister lives, they have just ripped out every beautiful mature tree on their street (must be 40 of them) regardless of whether there were raised roots or not, then laid new tarmac pavements, and then re-planted trees that will take 15yrs to get even close to what they had before…..but hey, they planted trees right!
Yeah they just did the same here, the was a tree in front of the sidegarden blocking the view from the neighbours in the other side of the street. And they had taken all optical connections with entangled with the roots, so no Internet for more then a week.. Now we are left with an empty street and apperently are going to plant different trees but on other spots. But people here have complained about their cars getting dirty from trees so I wonder if there come any at all..

Not fun now. We have been saying St James hill, where I walk the dog nearly everyday, was primed to go up and unfortunately that's happened this afternoon.

Luckily I think the amazimg fire service got there quickly as my friend lives about 50 yards from where the pictures were taken and we are only a couple of hundred meters as the crow flies. Unfortunately most of the area has a similar combustible potential.

Back