• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The importance of a 1 point pH drop

Thanks Foxfish. When you say 'completely dissolve' does that mean that the bubbles are no longer visible to the naked eye but still remain a gas or are we talking about something i almost certainly wont understand on a microscopic level? Just trying to get my head around all this.

Well it is probably something I don't understand either but from a laypersons point of view, 'completely dissolve' means no visible bubbles in the display tank.
I use a reactor as you can see in my signature link, but I would think the most popular method would be an in - line atomiser like the UP model.

So can someone clear something up for me then. In an ideal world should I be aiming for gin clear water once my CO2 is dissolved? In other words is my CO2 not 'dissolved' if im seeing micro bubbles?
If you are seeing micro bubbles, then this CO2 gas in these bubbles is of course not dissolved yet in the water. So when the CO2 bubbles dissolve in water, the CO2 remains in the water much longer then the bubbles, and will degass only because the concentration of CO2 in the air vs. water is different. If the CO2 concentration in the air was higher then the one in the water, then the CO2 in the water will never degass, but on the contrary more CO2 from the air would come to the water.

Also the reason why (micro) bubbles of CO2 seem to work better then fully dissolved CO2 in plant growth is that the dissolved CO2 must get over the diffusive boundary layer on leaves, whereas if the CO2 is in the form of bubbles, and these bubbles get catched under the leaves, then the CO2 gas diffuse into the leaves much better.

Thanks ardjuna. I suppose ive always been hesitant of the lemonade look, i instinctively get concerned when i see so much gas that could basically kill my fish.
Last night I did notice some bubbles under the leaves of various plants. I guess it just looks so inefficient, so much gas but the plants use very little of it comparatively.

Ardjuna,

Also the reason why (micro) bubbles of CO2 seem to work better then fully dissolved CO2 in plant growth is that the dissolved CO2 must get over the diffusive boundary layer on leaves, whereas if the CO2 is in the form of bubbles, and these bubbles get catched under the leaves, then the CO2 gas diffuse into the leaves much better

Exactly. I think that i did not explain to well my point of view..
What i was trying to say is that the most the bubbles are breaked as soon they got out the diffuser (almost like dust) the most easy to achieve what was mentioned by Adjuna! Creating those bubbles under the leaves)
And that´s where ADA get´s in cause their diffuser is with no doubt the best to break the bubbles into micro bubbles.

As you might see a lot of other diffuser brands makes quite large bubbles (waste..) and by no means we are taking a large profit of the Co2 in being injected as if it were in a ADA diffuser. The larger the bubbles are more waste we´re gonna have cause they rapidly went to the top. ADA is.. Not even think in comparison.. just forget it.. ADA is the best in this issue. "Do-AQua" is almost there. ;)

And i´m not gonna facilitate in this matter as Co2 is the KEY to allmost major problems in tanks.
best regards

...this thread has become confusing. Im guessing its the first CO2/Circumcision thread on this forum.

You guys seem to have missed the point... when the upper portion of outer skin is removed from the capsulated C02 bubble, the exposed, and now more sensitive area, then becomes more likely or able to release the interior contents of the main body.
This skin removing process is achieved via my latest reactor technology & is commonly termed as gas circumcision.
Cheers.

It took me 2 reads to know what that was about. Today has been long! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back