• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The lost world. Weluvbettas Nano. :)

weluvbettas

Hey! :D
This is the journal for my 4 gallon shrimp tank. I have included pics from before and after ! Im very happy with my scape at the moment. The budda also gives it character. I will update every week or so. Btw I started off with 6 shrimp counted 45 today most are shrimplets. I hope they all make it!

Tank stats:
Aqua one cube.
14 watt cfl .
No filter or heater (to much fuss :lol: )

Hardscape:
Piece of manzatia wood ?
Some rocks from the beach ( used for the mountain)
A little laughing budda.

Flora :
Marimo moss.
Christmas moss (tree)
Java moss (tree)
Anubias nana "petite" (main plant)
Ludwigia repens.

Fauna :
Red cherry shrimp ..... lots of em! :lol:
Ramshorn snail.

Before :

P1110475.jpg

P1110486.jpg

After:

P1110505.jpg

P1110506-1.jpg

P1110507-1.jpg

Re: The laughing Budda mountain!

i think the water needs to clear a bit mate if its got no filter are you doing daily water changes

Its the light that makes the water look cloudy . Honestly its very clear! I dont make weekly water changes. Once a week. Dont want to suck up to many shrimplets.

looking good mate, olly knott would be proud of the buddha! hehe only bit of constructive critiscism i have is that you need to get a hard bit or card or a scraper and level out the sand a bit, the unulations look like you've just done a big water changed and plopped the water in, and secondly you need to completely wrap that cut end of the wood in moss, it will look tonnes better.

not sure that's a good idea mate think you need a filter or daily water changes. use a net over a syphon tube to save the shrimp

its only a 4 gal! i think 2 waters changes a week would be fine, do 30% or more and your sorted, when vacuuming with shrimp get a pair of tights and put it over the end of your syphon tube! hey presto problem solved.

Becuase of the sand its nearly a 2 gallon. So no worrys . All my betta tanks are unfiltered and there compleetly fine.

i cant stand snails!!!! errrrgghhhh haha get a puffer in there asap!!!!

i think you should tie the moss onto some slate or the rocks, it looks abi messy just dotted around and where you avnt got a filter its collecting crumbs haha.

why such deep sand?? i thinkg it would look much better with minimal sand and nice bits of manzi or root going from the sand and poking out the water.

nice start though mate

looks loads better mate :) i really like the right hand side of the tank. :)

Changed the tank!
Took out all the sand and replaced it with fresh no gravel mixed sand.
Pics soon!

Pics! :D My pics are bad so my tank looks horrible. :( I have only tied a bit of christmas moss to the tree hhoping it grows. :)

Full tank shot!

P1110526-1.jpg

Shrimp!

P1110525.jpg

Christmas moss / marimo moss carpet (i fixed the sand after the pic was taken :) )

P1110524.jpg

Looks horrible in this pic.

P1110535-1.jpg

Looks good mate, I'd keep it as this. Well done :)

looks much better, big improvement.

Have you berried some of the moss? I think it would look so much better with the moss tied to stone and collected all around the base of the wood and a nice clear clean front, with more vallis along the back.

How comes the sand is so deep again?

The sand is not deep. It has like some sort of plant growth thingy under it. So it looks deep. Thats all. I have moss round / inbetween the rocks u just cant see them. So you think I should take the moss away from the foreground? Im going to maiden head on sat and im going to bu some new plants. More good ones not boring ones like Ive got. Any suggestions?

Back