• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The unnamed Journal

Tomfish

Ok so I've been at this game for a while now, with some successes and a whole lot of heart ache and wasted money. So the tank's got a lot smaller and i'm using straight ro water.

The detail
Tank - tmc signature 60 (shallow)
Lighting - 2x tmc tile 400
Filter - Jbl 1501e ??
Co2 - inline atomizer
Substrate - re-used aquasoil

So here it is planted (yet to attach the 'mini' java fern, but the pot's sitting pretty much where it's gonna be)
85fe0196d212a277b1a7f885ba1a6e72.jpg

484065475fbb824fc6dbb6eaa1c7310b.jpg

Hopefully i'll get some better pics up soon.
All comments welcome
Cheers
Tom

Sent from my SM-G360F using Tapatalk

Cheers Troi, between work, an OU course and a demanding child I've certainly been pressed for time. As for the scape very verdant now, but its only been planted for couple of days (I bought so many plants it appears almost grown in). Plenty of time for the 'rot' to set in... I've got to stop being pessimistic!

It looks gorgeous Tom. You certainly have planted very densely. :) When I first saw your photo, I thought it had been set up for quite a while. :)

Thanks for all the nice comments, I did get a lot of plants and it does look great from the 'get go':), but now I'm thinking that I could have saved myself a bit of cash with slightly less plants:(

I hope to add new pictures soon, but being a couple of weeks away from bringing a second 'creature' into the world I'm not promising anything.

cheers
Tom

I think you've done the right thing, I always try to plant as heavily as possible from the outset. Barring George's insane one pot iwagumi challenge so do all the greats.
Tom...your avatar...I've been meaning to ask...WHY etc? LOL...

Back