• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

There you are, enjoying your DSLR.....

It normally appears on finagle first. Not normally on the head. What do the others look like?

And yes it's a good shot mate!

Thanks Ian, very kind.
The last time I photographed fish in an aquarium would be in the 80's. We used a thing called film in those days. It's a bit easier now.......!!!
The rest look ok at the mo, though I have seen the odd one rubbing.

Wow, amazing shots pal, I must try and save for a nice camera;)

I am havng white spot week at the moment, a new batch of cardinal tetra purchased last weekend showed signs this Monday,lost 2 of the new fish found stuck to the outside of my circulation pump one Tues night and another weds after returning from work, anyway tank dosed, yuk...I hate it, no shrimp loss or further fish so far, and none of my existing fish seem to be affected even the baby mollies, fingers crossed for you mate:)

Again, that's a nice pic!

What I meant was, that you'll sometimes see white spot on the other fish you bought.

Also, rummys tend to have a greenish spot on their heads where that spot is.

Wow, amazing shots pal, I must try and save for a nice camera;)

I am havng white spot week at the moment, a new batch of cardinal tetra purchased last weekend showed signs this Monday,lost 2 of the new fish found stuck to the outside of my circulation pump one Tues night and another weds after returning from work, anyway tank dosed, yuk...I hate it, no shrimp loss or further fish so far, and none of my existing fish seem to be affected even the baby mollies, fingers crossed for you mate:)

Thanks for that. What cure are you using?
The camera is for sale in the sales section BTW!:)

Also, rummys tend to have a greenish spot on their heads where that spot is.
I agree with Ian here. My shoal of rummy noses quite often have silver spots on their bodies. I wouldn't worry about it. If it starts spreading to the fins, you may want to start dosing something. Bare in mind though, if you have shrimps, some medicines contain copper which is deadly to them!:eek:

I agree with Ian here. My shoal of rummy noses quite often have silver spots on their bodies. I wouldn't worry about it. If it starts spreading to the fins, you may want to start dosing something. Bare in mind though, if you have shrimps, some medicines contain copper which is deadly to them!:eek:
Thanks for your advice. Fingers crossed!

Thanks for that. What cure are you using?
The camera is for sale in the sales section BTW!:)

Hi, I'm using the Interpet Anti White Spot, used it once before after doing much research and asking others if it would be safe, it was still somewhat worrying the first time but I can honestly say it has no effect on my herd of cherries and even the new arrivals are fine, it does make your water greenish blue for a while but soon clears. I have a 260 Vicenza bow front and dose 25ml in some warm water to allow it to fully mix before gently tipping over the surface of the water, it's a 2 x dose routine, second dose in 4 days. It can get in the way of weekly water changes as my 4th day will be this Saturday and I usually do a 130 litre change Sunday, I may do the change and then re dose after on Sunday, this way my ei routine will be able to continue as normal;)

I'd hold off for a couple of days though and not rush to it, as Ian and James say, best to be sure first as it's messy and it may not be needed mate.

Chin up:)

Hi, I'm using the Interpet Anti White Spot, used it once before after doing much research and asking others if it would be safe, it was still somewhat worrying the first time but I can honestly say it has no effect on my herd of cherries and even the new arrivals are fine, it does make your water greenish blue for a while but soon clears. I have a 260 Vicenza bow front and dose 25ml in some warm water to allow it to fully mix before gently tipping over the surface of the water, it's a 2 x dose routine, second dose in 4 days. It can get in the way of weekly water changes as my 4th day will be this Saturday and I usually do a 130 litre change Sunday, I may do the change and then re dose after on Sunday, this way my ei routine will be able to continue as normal;)

I'd hold off for a couple of days though and not rush to it, as Ian and James say, best to be sure first as it's messy and it may not be needed mate.

Chin up:)
Many thanks for that. Think I've spotted another spot. Will have a look in the morning and get another pic up.
Thanks again.

Back