• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Thinking of my first "new" purchase

LancsRick

Ok, so everything I've done with my tanks so far has been with second hand kit, and I've worked around what I've got my hands on. My nearest to a totally new setup was my little Ebi, but even that had some compromises attached.

I'm therefore thinking about later in the summer being the moment when I do my first ever purpose-built setup, all specifically bought from new.

Tank would more than likely contain Amano shrimp, Oto's, Sakura, and maybe a few nano fish (e.g. Galaxy Rasbora's).

What do you guys think of the shopping list below (nearly entirely sourced from our sponsors I might add!)?

Cabinet

Materials guess £60

Tank

60cm Signature £110

Filtration

JBL e701 £80
Inlet mesh £4
Acrylic for inlet £5
Acrylic for spraybar £5
8x Superfish Suction Cups 12/16mm £5
Hydor 200W £33

CO2

2kg FE (eBay) £23
Tubing (2m) £4
UP Medium 2 in 1 CO2 Diffuser & Reactor (D-422) £18
UP Twin CO2 Gauge Regulator - Solenoid - Needle Valve (A-151) £60
Easy Aqua Double Check Valve £4
Flo Cado Small Glass CO2 Drop Checker £8
Neutro Bromo Blue Concentrate £4
Easy Aqua Bubble Counter - Professional £12

Lighting

UP PRO-Z 60cm £60
Timer £0

Contents

Colombo Flora-Base Black 10 Litres £32
Easy Aqua Hang On Thermometer 8mm £5
Landscape Rock £0

Would leave me with a total bill the right side of £550. I expect I could easily slip another £50 on plants though!

I always agonise over things like this for weeks (if not months), so no hurry for opinions!

Is the neutro bromo blue concentrate the one you need? The description on the Aqua Essentials website says to use it if you are already using bromo blue and just want to make it darker.

Ouch! That's quite a bill! There's nothing quite like buying brand new stuff though, so it'll be worth it in the end.
Good luck with the setup, and be sure to make a journal.

You may be able to save costs as you get a 'free' JBL E701 with subscription to Practical Fishingkeeping magazine at the moment (£47) Greatmagazines.co.uk - Practical Fishkeeping

Offer runs until 10th July, assuming that they haven't run out already...

I think theyve run out according to a thread on pfk. Think they only had so many to give away

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Back