• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tiger louts ?

It is lotus but i think tiger have spots when tyeh are green they have brown/red ones when they are red they have dark brown.

it looks like red one because it has purple underneath leaves. Shot us a picture in 2-3 weeks time and then we will be able to tell 100%

does it have a bulb?

thanks, no bulb which kinda put me of , but i thought o well i think the shop named it a red nymphea,

right

sometimes someone sells them without bulb and they do not last long (which is bad)

but considering you said its numphea it must be lily unless shop is wrong but without the bulb I would not buy it.

o ermm, will it grow a bulb ? also they had the same but in green with no bulb

I`m not sure but i think it will die because all the leafs come from bulb. But cannot guarantee.

I recently bort one of these it looks amazing The bulb had a few leaves sprouting from it and a long root wich was connected to a much larger bunch of leaves with no bulb. By the time I got it home it wasnt connected any more :( it was only connected by 1 or 2 roots. I reeeeeaaallly hope it survives because it really is beautiful. :)

gzylo said:
I`m not sure but i think it will die because all the leafs come from bulb. But cannot guarantee.

NO NO NO and NO, My tiger lotus plants within my tank have no bulbs but are thriveing, I have had them now since my first tank back in sept last year. You should check my journal and have a look how huge they are. Cant stop them produceing shoots! :crazy:

whats not to love. You just said your tiger lotus are doing really good with out a bulb and i have 2 one without a bulb................ jeeeeeeeez

Back