• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tiny White dots...

JAX3000

Hi,
uploadfromtaptalk1450092386622.png

These tiny little white dots have been settling on / sticking to every surface in the tank for a while now. Not the glass, but wood, rocks, plants...
I was hoping it was just a temporary flourish of something that would clear up, but it's still happening. They brush off with no effort, but if left, they build up more and more.
Can anybody identify this for me please, as I'm now slightly concerned...?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Only Assasins and their eggs are bigger and kind of square...

I've been pretty hot on cleaning the filters. I actually thought I might be over doing it, but I haven't been so good with removing dead leaves and stuff and many of my plants have been struggling. I also have lots of dead and dying moss, so maybe just bits of crap from general fish and plant waste?

This makes sense and will be reduced with my new plan of action I'm putting into place.
- Replace Amazon Swords (they're being killed by Bristlenoses)
- Stop over dosing liquid carbon (it's killing my moss...!)

With the reduced plant waste from healthier plants, after a good filter clean this should help..?

If it's just general crap, I'm not worried, as this will be reduced and I'll be more on top of cleaning and keeping everything stable.

I thought it might be something bad or a sign of something more sinister... but you'd say this is not the case?

Hi
Check the innards of your filter and do regular large water changes...to remove detritus!
Moss need the cleanest of water possible to grow and thrive!
Cheers
hoggie

Nope...

I just have the standard media that came with the filters (Eheim Pro 3 600 (2075)

Thanks though :)

Back