• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tips on Bolbitis & needle leaved fern

Garuf

Hello,
I'm looking for help with bolbitis and NLF, what should I look out for?
How do I plant? is there any die back? how do I trim?
General info the more the better.
Thank you in advance.

That's interesting he suggests curring off all the leaves when you attach to the bogwood. I've never seen that done - not even by Mr. Amano. Anyone else tried that? I can see it makes it easier to attach and get a natural look for the plant in its new environment, but you really need patience while it regrows...

Very interesing, I have bought two of these recently, not planted them yet, there sitting in my plant q/t at the moment, I may try both ways, one as is on driftwood and one cut back.

Should make for an interesting experiment

JOHNNY

When I get a fern I attach it as it is and then chop each leaf off as it goes bad (they always seem to) until I am left only with new growth.

I was saying to George that with most slow growers in my tank they seem to get BBA and with the case of ferns always get plantlets in the first month. These are removed on sight. then after a month the new growth is lush and stays that away. I get the same with Anubias.

If when you get them cut off anything that looks bad and leave ta few leaves on and then let the new growth establish before cutting them off the remainder of the originals.

Andy

SuperColey1 said:
When I get a fern I attach it as it is and then chop each leaf off as it goes bad (they always seem to) until I am left only with new growth.

I was saying to George that with most slow growers in my tank they seem to get BBA and with the case of ferns always get plantlets in the first month. These are removed on sight. then after a month the new growth is lush and stays that away. I get the same with Anubias.

If when you get them cut off anything that looks bad and leave ta few leaves on and then let the new growth establish before cutting them off the remainder of the originals.

Andy

Hi Guys, Thats EXACTLY what mine are doing. Ionly planted them at the weekend. I was going to give it another couple of days and then start posting questions. I dont need to now ;)
Cheers

Ill be keeping an eye on this post with an interest :D

Chopped the leaves off the bolbitis, all of them looked ropey. will be rescaping on Saturday, looks like its going to be a huge job, where would people recommend I attach the bolbitis? I was going to attach it to stones and have it behind my wood but I'm now thinking on the wood instead.
any input?

Back