• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tmc micro habitat

Shrimptastic wrote[/quote]i think as long as you are pro and you know what you are doing, you dont need fancy soils :)[/quote]

Not a pro and don't know what I'm doing lol :p :?

mdhardy01 said:
Shrimptastic wrote
i think as long as you are pro and you know what you are doing, you dont need fancy soils :)[/quote]

Not a pro and don't know what I'm doing lol :p :?[/quote]

Hmm, ok. use a fancy soil then :D (I did when i started) lol.
I think the most important thing is to keep your water parameters in check, and know exactly why you are using what ur using. For instance, GeX soil sucks up nitrate and lowers pH, but if you can ensure that your nitrates and nitrites are low, and you can ensure low pH, then you don't need GeX :D

In the end, no matter how good your soil is, your shrimps will still die if your water parameters are not in check :) and likewise, your shrimps will live even if you use the most useless kind of substrate known to the aquarist world if the parameters are in check, unless of course that substrate is like, granules of pure copper or something stupid like that haha.

In my opinion though, go for GeX. ADA is yuck.

I've gone for Acadama
Soaks up nutrients and fairly inert will be using all stuff from my large tank
To get it up and running
Will fill it with tank water to start with and seeded filter medium
From one of my eheims
I won't add any shrimp until all water parameters have settled down
I was joking when I said I didn't know what I'm doing I keep Asian
Discus so am used to keeping softer water and lower ph
Let's see how it goes
Already getting the prep done
Matt :thumbup:

mdhardy01 said:
I've gone for Acadama
Soaks up nutrients and fairly inert will be using all stuff from my large tank
To get it up and running
Will fill it with tank water to start with and seeded filter medium
From one of my eheims
I won't add any shrimp until all water parameters have settled down
I was joking when I said I didn't know what I'm doing I keep Asian
Discus so am used to keeping softer water and lower ph
Let's see how it goes
Already getting the prep done
Matt :thumbup:

just have fun, that's whats most important
Breeding shrimp is about having fun and creating your own breeds through selective breeding ^^ and having fun while at it.

Shrimptastic said:
Breeding shrimp is about having fun and creating your own breeds through selective breeding ^^ and having fun while at it.

will do
thanks for all the advice :thumbup:
cheekily asking but do you sell your crs :thumbup: :thumbdown:
thanks
matt

mdhardy01 said:
Shrimptastic said:

will do
thanks for all the advice :thumbup:
cheekily asking but do you sell your crs :thumbup: :thumbdown:
thanks
matt

my CRS arent in the UK :(

shame
just thought id ask any way
matt :thumbup:

im playing with deep blue orange eyed tigers though, and they dont really have that in singapore. i know that because one of the breeders that sells sss and king kongs is asking me to get a pair for him. it's one of the very few rare shrimps that are more common in europe than in asia (whoo germany!)

so yeah, if you want something that the asians don't have much of, go for that :p

Back